| Beretta 687 EELL Diamond Pigeon is finely balanced and responsive double barrel 12 gauge shotgun. It has luxurious details with the added benefit of a wider rib for better target acquisition.|
- Weapon description
687 EELL Diamond Piegon is a powerful shotgun featured in CrossFire.
687 EELL Diamond Pigeon is an over-and-under shotgun with a full length barrel and top rib, allowing for much better firepower at longer distances than other shotguns. Because of it's very tight pellet spread, it is able to one-hit kill enemies up to medium range and inflict critical damage on enemies at long range
It is only able to hold two 12 Gauge shells in each tube, but it has very high damage, high accuracy, fast firing speed, good range, fast reloading speed, and fast draw speed.
Because of the 687 EELL Diamond Pigeon's 1 hit capability at medium ranges, it is similar to shotguns with slug shells. However the 687 EDP has an advantage of pellet spread over the small area of a single slug round, while the slugs have a longer 1-hit kill range.
- Very high damage dealing.
- Very narrow pellet spread.
- High accuracy for a shotgun.
- Fast reloading speed.
- Fast rate of fire.
- Very small crosshair.
- Fast drawing speed.
- Very low ammo capacity.
- High recoil.
- Damage reduced in long range.
- CF China
- CF Korea
- CF Vietnam
- CF Philippines
- CF Russia
- CF Indonesia
- CF North America
- CF Europe
- CF Brazil
- 687 EDP has the second smallest crosshair size among all shotguns, only behind SPAS-12-Ares or M37 Stakeout-Ares in Slug Shot mode. It also has the tightest pellet spread, which explain's its high damage.
- This is the only gun that has a static crosshair, which won't grow or shrink when moving or firing. Given that the spread is as narrow as the crosshair, this is likely an intentional feature.
- Using 687 EDP in Wave Mode and Super Soldier TD results in a rather illogical reload as characters only insert 2 shells in even if a lot more has been fired. Likewise, firing only 1 shot still results in characters insert 2 shells in (same with Dual Desperado and Dual Double Barrel).
- Upon release, the 687 EDP is said to be extremely overpowered due to its ability to consistently 1-shot kill at mid range thanks to its 7-pellets. Later patch nerfed this gun by removing 1-pellet, so with only 6-pellets, it now has less chance to 1-hit kill at mid range. However, it can still score Headshot kill easily at mid range, something other shotguns cannot do.
- Nowadays, the 687 EDP is heavily rivaled by Shotguns with Slug Shot capacity (Ares and Ghetto SPAS / M37). This gun still has the advantage of firing speed, while the Slug Shot has the advantage of effective range.
- Somehow, the muzzle rise occured upon firing this gun is only visible at the first shot. While in the second shot, it only creates a muzzle flash before directly continues to the reloading animation part, thus skipping the muzzle rise motion.
- Over/Under shotguns in real life are made for hunting and clay pigeon shooting (sport shooting at clay targets launched in the air).
- This is one of the rarest guns in CrossFire Philippines. You can only obtain this gun through the Daily Beginner Guide (for newbies) for 7 days.