| Using .22 LR ammo with 165 bullets, this submachine gun has minimized recoil and can be utilized by even the least coordinated mercenary.|
- Weapon description
American-180 is a submachine gun in CrossFire.
American-180 is a submachine gun developed in the 1960s which fires .22 Long Rifle cartridges from a pan magazine. Each pan magazine able to hold 165 rounds of .22 LRs. It has a good accuracy, low recoil and fires at a relatively high rate of fire. Due to the relatively low power of the .22 LR round, the weapon is weaker than any other submachine guns.
- Very high rate of fire.
- High accuracy.
- Moderate-low recoil.
- Very high magazine capacity for a submachine gun.
- Fast drawing speed.
- Very low damage dealing.
- Low armor penetration.
- Loud firing sound.
- Bad spraying pattern.
- Slow reloading speed.
- Has only one spare magazine.
- Easily runs dry.
- CF China
- CF Vietnam
- CF Indonesia
- CF Philippines
- CF North America
- CF Korea
- Use this weapon only in close range.
American-180 is very weak against the enemy in long range, so this gun is more suitable in small and medium maps.
- Use this weapon on Mutation Modes.
In Mutation Mode and similar modes, the American-180 makes a good weapon for stopping mutants due to its high rate of fire and large magazine capacity, though it won't be able to kill mutants easily.
- American-180 is the only SMG that's more stable when firing continuously rather than bursting. When burst-firing, the screen will shake rapidly while it will remain stable when fired continuously.
- This gun was supposed to update in CF Vietnam's 1147 patch, but was left out for some reason. It's later added in a mini-update along with Pindad SS2 and CheyTac M200.
- In real life, the American-180 has no visible recoil whatsoever (because of its relatively weak Ammunition). But in CF, you can clearly see the gun shaking violently.