Barrett M82A1 (Known as Barrett M99 in CF VN) is an anti-material bolt-action sniper rifle featured in Crossfire.
The Barrett M82A1 fires .50BMG Anti-Material ammunition, which the most powerful ammunition caliber. It is the only sniper rifle that can 1-hit kill anywhere on the body with full wallbang damage. In Mutation Mode and its variant, Barrett M82A1 proves to be a valuable sniper rifle as it can score 3x damage against mutants (max 500 damages with Headshot, min 1000 damage with leg/arm shot). However, this gun is very heavy and take the longest time to cycle the bolt, making it not much more useful than regular sniper rifles in TDM/FFA match.
- Extremely very high damage for a sniper rifle
- Can penetrate a wood box and iron
- Highly accurate at any range
- High capacity for a sniper rifle
- Short drawing time (some versions only)
- very Short reload time (some versions only)
- Extremely heavy for a sniper rifle
- Long bolt cycling time
- Low damage for Zombie 9000(some versions only)
- Long drawing time (some versions only)
- Long reload time (some versions only)
- Does only 12000 damage with headshot in mutation mode hero mode and hero mode X (some versions only)
- Only buyable by Cash Points
- The real Barrett M82 is semi-automatic, but in-game your character have to manually cycle the bolt like a bolt action rifle.
- In CF VN, the Barrett M82A1 is the only "hot" weapon in Black Market that has day-usage prizes, making it extremelly hard to win a permanent one. It's easier to obtain it via Coupons exchanging however (80 coupons)
- It is often called "3z" in CF VN, which is simply the Vietnamese pronouncing of the word "Barrett"
- Z8 games will not add the Barrett in their version, as confirmed hereand here.
- Barrett M82A1 in CF Japan has normal damage dealing like the AWM. The most powerful sniper rifle here is the RAI Model 500.
- Despite that the Barrett is not available in CF Eu, its RD variant has been updated in recent patch. It has been nerfed to deal 50% less damage in MM/HM/HMX/ZM, probably to balance gameplay.
- In CF EU, CF JP, CF PH and CF ID. Barrett M82A1's damage has been reduced more than 50% for Zombies gameplay (inc. Challenge Mode) and the reload and drawing speed has been reduced too. So it's very useless in some versions of CF.
- This gun is extremely dangerous in Wave Mode due to its firepower - one single shot can drain 500 HP off enemy players by default (And this number will get higher as players level up or buffing up their card with jewels). A decent sniper can easily win in the early game against any slightly damaged opponents with just a single shot - if not, they can quickly switch to pistol and finish them off.
9A-91 · AK-103 · AK47 · AK74 · AKS74U · AN94 · AR-57 · ARX-160 · AT-15 Afghan · Barrett REC7 · Beretta AR-70 · Bushmaster ACR · CR-21 · FAL Custom (Camo) · FAMAS · FN F2000 · FN FNC · G11 · G36K · GALIL · HK416C · HK417 · K-2 · KTR-08 · L85A1 · L86 LSW · LR300 ML · M14 (EBR) · M16(A2 · A4) · M4A1(X · Silencer · Custom) · MK18 Mod 0 · MTAR-21 · QBZ-03 · QBZ-95 · R5 RGP · Ruger MINI-14 · RX4 Storm · SCAR Heavy · SCAR Light · SG552 · SG540 · Steyr AUG A1 · Steyr AUG A3 · Tantal WZ88 · TAR21 · Type89 · XM8
AS50 · AWM · Barrett M82A1 · Barrett M98B · Dragunov · DSR-1 · FR-F2 · JNG-90 · Knight SR-25 · M700 · MSR · MSG90 · PSG-1 · QBU-09 · R93 T2 · RAI Model 500 · SL8 · SOCOM 16 · TRG-21 · VSK-94 · WA2000 ·