The Barrett M82A1 fires .50BMG Anti-Material ammunition, which the most powerful ammunition caliber. It is the only sniper rifle that can 1-hit kill anywhere on the body with full wallbang damage. In HMX, Barrett M82A1 proves to be a valuable sniper rifle as it can score 3x damage against mutants (max 5000 damages with Headshot, min 1000 damage with leg/arm shot). However, this gun is very heavy and take the longest time to cycle the bolt, making it not much more useful than regular sniper rifles in TDM/FFA match.
- Extremely high damage for a sniper rifle
- Can penetrate a wood box
- Highly accurate at any range
- High capacity for a sniper rifle
- Short drawing time (some versions only)
- Very short reload time (some versions only)
- Extremely heavy for a sniper rifle
- Long bolt cycling time
- Low damage for Zombie in mutation mode (some versions only)
- Long drawing time (some versions only)
- Long reload time (some versions only)
- Less powerful in mutation mode and variants (some versions only)
- Only obtainable by Cash Points
- The real M82A1 is semi-automatic sniper rifle. When you fire the M82A1, the recoil pushes the barrel back, pushing the bolt back to load another round while the in-game M82A1 is bolt-action sniper rifle
- In CF VN, the Barrett M82A1 is the only "hot" weapon in Black Market that has day-usage prizes, making it extremelly hard to win a permanent one. It's easier to obtain it via Coupons exchanging (80 coupons)
- It is often called "3z" in CF VN, which is simply the Vietnamese pronouncing of the word "Barrett"
- Barrett M82A1 in CF Japan has normal damage dealing like the AWM. The most powerful sniper rifle here is the RAI Model 500.
- Even though the GMs in CFNA stated that Barrett M82A1 won't be updated, it is finally scheduled to be released there in January 2014. This is likely a forced/mandatory update from Tencent rather than requested update.
- Despite that the Barrett is not available in CF Eu, its RD variant has been updated in recent patch. It has been nerfed to deal 50% less damage in MM/HM/HMX/ZM, probably to balance gameplay.
- In CF EU, CF JP, CF PH and CF ID. Barrett M82A1's damage has been reduced more than 50% for Zombies gameplay (inc. Challenge Mode) and the reload and drawing speed has been reduced too. So it's very useless in some versions of CF.
- This gun is extremely dangerous in Wave Mode due to its firepower - one single shot can drain 500 HP off enemy players by default (And this number will get higher as players level up or buffing up their card with jewels). A decent sniper can easily win in the early game against any slightly damaged opponents with just a single shot - if not, they can quickly switch to pistol and finish them off.
|Barrett M82A1-Red Dragon||Barrett M82A1-Royal Dragon|
|Barrett M82A1-Legend Dragon||Barrett M82A1-Flying Dragon|