Different users have access to different functions of the site. While anyone can do most things on the site, including reading and editing, administrators can access a few additional functions.
To ensure this wiki remains the best source of information about CrossFire on the Internet, several administrators are there to help users, protect and enhance the wiki to its best.
A bureaucrat is a senior editor on CrossFire Wiki. As well as being full administrators, they have management abilities where they can grant limited user rights. They can promote and demote rollbackers, administrators, moderators, and they can promote other users to bureaucrat although they cannot demote other bureaucrats.
These additional functions include:
- Deleting and undeleting pages, page histories, and uploaded files.
- Locking (protecting) a page so it cannot be edited or renamed by users without admin rights or autoconfirmed status.
- Blocking IP addresses or user names from editing; and very quick "rollback" of undesirable edits.
- Editing the interface by changing system messages and skins.
A Patroller is a trusted editor of CrossFire Wiki who has been granted the rollback tool to keep the wiki free of any vandalism. With a single click, a patroller can revert edits.
A wiki's founder is automatically given admin and bureaucrat rights during wiki creation. This allows them to edit the wiki's skin and format. As more contributors join, it's a good idea for bureaucrats to appoint trusted users as admins.
The title of founder appears next to the founder's name even if they later abdicate their position as bureaucrat or administrator, and it overrides those titles.
These users used to be CF Wikia Staff but has since been left or became inactive, hence their retirement or demotion. Eligible to come back to their position again if they come back to work in the future.
- Blufrog - Demoted due to inactive.
- SeaCrane 1 - Demoted due to inactive.
- CF Levano - Demoted due to inactive.
- ElysiumLeoSK - Demoted due to inactive.