The Desert Eagle (sometimes shortened as DE or refered as Deagle) is a semi-automatic magnum pistol featured in Crossfire.
Considered to be the iconic pistol in CrossFire, Desert Eagle features high damage and accuracy, and able to take down the opponents with 2-3 shot on the body or 1 headshot up to medium distance. It also combined with it's high rate of fire and moderately controllable recoil. But this gun has a small ammo capacity with only 7 rounds magazine (35 in reverse), and pretty slow reloading speed. But it's still very popular for the players due its advantages.
- High damage as a secondary weapon.
- Moderate damage against mid-to-long targets.
- High accuracy (even higher than Anaconda at long range).
- More stabilized recoil being a very powerful handgun, despite it is a semi-automatic magnum pistol.
- Slower reloading speed compared to Anaconda.
- Low magazine capacity.
- Quick strafing may not be effective without expert aiming.
- CF Vietnam: The Desert Eagle's firepower has been nerfed and players needed to score 4 body hits or 2 headshots to kill armoured opponents. Its firing rate also have been slowed. Many players complain that DE was treated so unfairly, and other pistols such as Anaconda and M66 are often favored because the Desert Eagle is too weak in CF Vietnam. Only some DE variants that has original stats.
- Desert Eagle is one of the two Pistol available in all global CF Tournament (WEM, WCG and CFS), the other being Colt 1911. It is also the most used because of its superior stats comparing to the Colt.
- In some servers, the Desert Eagle has a special [B] variant that simply gives it +2 ammo without any new skin. It's presumably the predecessor of Camo variant.
- Unlike the Anaconda, this weapon does not receive Black variant, being replaced with Camo. There are only three "Black DE" available, the WEM and WCG - both featuring black skin finish with respective tournament mark on the barrel, and the standard Desert Eagle Scope. These guns are very rare nowadays and considered one of the must-have with all elite players.
- There was actually a Desert Eagle Black (DESERTEAGLE_NORMAL_BLACK) in CF China, but it's never seen anywhere, probably got cut during development.
- CF Brazil's game files show that there was Desert Eagle-Black with the 2.0 model, but only the texture.
- The Desert Eagle features most customization among all Pistols, with Scope and Silencer separated variants similar to the AK47.
- Despite featuring a silver-white skin (more like chrome or stainless steel actually), there actually exists a Silver variant. This gun has a darker Silver skin comparing to the normal DE, but comes with more ammo and faster reload like most other Black Market DE variants (although some versions like CF Vietnam only give the ammo boost).
- In early CF versions, Desert Eagle has a different skin, notably more silver and close to the DE in Counter-Strike: Source. Model files can still be found in CF Vietnam client.
- Also in CF Vietnam, the Item Icon and Bag Icon is still using the old model.
- In CF Philippines, the Bag Icon of this gun also using the old model.
- This model was later adapted into Desert Eagle-Silencer with major changes.
- The Blue Crystal variant, which was sold by FPs in all version, was much more popular than its standard version in Vietnam. It was also cost a few FPs to rent. However, it is not available anymore after FP Shop was closed. Now players can rent the Gradation variant from the Mileage Shop, or obtained an original stats variant from events such as "Spend Vcoin".
- In CF Philippines, you can obtain a permanent DE by doing the Daily Beginner Guide, even if you just started playing CF, although in the Item Shop, it requires 21,000 GP and a rank of Sergeant 1st Grade.
- The Desert Eagle in CF is smaller in size and relatively weaker compared to its real life .50AE version. This is proved when D.E is compared with Anaconda (fed with .44 cartridge).