The Desert Eagle (sometimes shortened as DE or refered as Deagle) is a semi-automatic magnum pistol featured in Crossfire.
Desert Eagle is notably the most used pistols in many CF servers. Its main competitor is rumored to be Anaconda. While Desert Eagle has lower accuracy compared to Anaconda, its accuracy won't decrease and still inflicts moderate damage towards mid-to-long targets, unlike Anaconda whose accuracy and damage are decreased if against mid-to-long targets.
The Desert Eagle features high damage and accuracy, and able to take down the opponents with 2-3 shot on the body. It also combined with it's high rate of fire. But this gun has a small ammo capacity, and pretty slow reloading speed. But it's still very popular for the players due it's advantages.
- High damage as a secondary weapon.
- Moderate damage against mid-to-long targets.
- High accuracy (even higher than Anaconda at long range).
- More stabilized recoil being a very powerful handgun, despite it is a semi-automatic magnum pistol.
- Slower reloading compared to Anaconda.
- Low ammo capacity.
- Quick strafing may not be effective without expert aiming.
- CF Vietnam: The Desert Eagle's firepower has been nerfed and players needed to score 4 body hits or 2 headshots to kill armoured opponents. Many players complain that DE was treated so unfairly, and the Anaconda or M66 are often favored because the Desert Eagle is too weak in CF Vietnam. Currently, some players who are from CF Vietnam server demands to buffed DE back to its original stats.
- Desert Eagle is one of the two Pistol available in all global CF Tournament (WEM, WCG and CFS), the other being Colt 1911. It is also the most used because of its superior stats comparing to the Colt.
- Unlike the Anaconda, Desert Eagle does not receive "Black" variant, being replaced with Camo. There are only three "Black DE" available, the WEM and WCG - both featuring black skin finish with respective tournament mark on the barrel, and also the standard DE-Scope. These guns are very rare nowadays and considered one of the must-have with all elite players.
- There was actually a Desert Eagle Black (DESERTEAGLE_NORMAL_BLACK) in CF China, but it's never seen anywhere.
- The Desert Eagle features most customization among all Pistols, with Scope and Silencer separated variants similar to the AK47.
- Despite featuring a silver-white skin (more like chrome or stainless steel actually), there actually exists a Desert Eagle-Silver. This gun has a darker Silver skin comparing to the normal DE, but comes with more ammo and faster reload like most other Black Market DE variants.
- In early CF versions, Desert Eagle has a different skin, notably more silver and close to the DE in Counter-Strike: Source. Model files can still be found in CF Vietnam client , the Item Shop and Inventory icon is still use the old model.
- This model was later adapted into Desert Eagle-Silencer with major changes.
- Desert Eagle Blue Crystal, which is sold by FPs in all version, is much more popular than its standard version in Vietnam. Its also cost a few FPs to rent.