| A six-barreled machine gun with a high rate of fire making it effective in large scale battles. But the weapons warm up to fire and weight can leaves users vulnerable to quick battles.|
- Weapon description
Gatling Gun is a kind of machine gun featured in CrossFire.
It has a very high rate of fire, but also high spread, which makes it useful only in close to mid distance. At medium distance however, it is a matter of who aims better; a skilled player can hit the Gatling Gun user faster than the other way around.
The biggest negative point is the long spin-up time, which makes it practically unsuitable for pretty much everything except Mutation Mode and Escape Mode for breaking the barrier doors open. Viable alternatives without this drawback are the M249 Minimi and the RPK.
- Moderate-high damage dealing.
- Moderate accuracy.
- Fast rate of fire.
- High magazine capacity.
- Loses accuracy when sprayed for a long time.
- Long spin-up time.
- Hard to move when firing or spinning-up.
- Slow reloading speed.
- High recoil.
- CrossFire China
- CrossFire Japan
- CrossFire Vietnam
- CrossFire North America
- CrossFire Philippines
- CrossFire Indonesia
- CrossFire Russia
- CrossFire Europe
- CrossFire South America
- CrossFire Español
- CrossFire South Korea
- (*) Gatling Gun-AP is only obtainable in Challenge Mode.
The Gatling Gun appears in Crater map as emplaced turret weapon. Each player has 500 ammo to use it, and this can be refilled by visiting ammo supply station. It has higher accuracy due to fixed position, but limited rotating angel.
Devastated City, Boss Arena & Defense Mode
- Main article: AP Gatling Gun
There is a special variant called Gatling Gun-AP appears in special supply crates (Devastated City, Boss Arena & Defense Mode). This one is much lighter and have lower recoil, shorter barrel spinning time and does not need to reload. Comes with 350 rounds and automatically disappears after 30 seconds.
- Actually, the real Gatling Gun was invented in 1862 by Dr. Richard J. Gatling. It also is a generic term that refers to any cyclic multi-barrel design, which allows a very high rate of fire. Most of these weapons are high-caliber cannons mounted on fighter and attack aircraft to engage their targets, like the M61 Vulcan 20mm, GAU-8/A Avenger 30mm, or the M134 Minigun 7.62x51mm, the last being a machine gun (due to its smaller caliber) and the actual weapon shown in-game.
- Due to its incredibly fast firing rate, using this gun often results in 14_2 client error code, which is supposed to detect automatic firing (For sniper rifles). Tapping LMB makes this gun fires faster than it can normally, so players are bound to get hit with this error. So tapping should only be done for a very short time to avoid this error.
- After 2.0 update, this error seems to have been eliminated altogether.
- 1st view and 3rd view of character holding this gun is inconsistency. In 1st view, character holds the upper handle with his right hand but in 3rd he holds it with his left hand
- The reloading sound in actual game play is shorter than when watching someone with this gun.
- During recent patches, Gatling Gun in CF Russia and CF Vietnam triggers a strange sound when the barrel stops moving - this also happens if players tap LMB in rhythm without firing the gun. Whether or not this is intentional is questionable.
- Despite getting less and less used these days due to the release of many other superior MGs such as MG3, KAC-ChainSaw, ect., the Gatling Gun actually continues to receive a new variant every now and then.
- Gatling Gun is the first machine gun to receive a second model, followed by RPK.