| Machine gun made from Stoner 86 LMG. Its trait is having a rear handle and mount in a form of a chainsaw as well as most stable recoil control amongst other machine guns. |
- Weapon description
KAC ChainSAW is a machine gun in CrossFire.
This gun comes with horizontal handling bar on top with the trigger at the back (like a chainsaw).
Like most machine guns in CrossFire, KAC ChainSAW features a standard 100-round magazine with 100 rounds in reserve, making it as useful as regular machine gun found in-game.
The biggest difference is it has low firing noise and pretty light, so Ghost hunters will find it useful for their mission. KAC ChainSAW has fairly good firepower and accuracy, though reloading time is a bit slow.
- Moderate-high damage dealing.
- High accuracy.
- Fast rate of fire.
- Low recoil.
- Produces low firing noise.
- Standard machine gun magazine capacity.
- Easily runs dry.
- Slow reloading speed.
Available in all CrossFire versions
- This gun is spelled ChainSAW as it has two meanings.
- First, it's held like a chainsaw.
- Second, characters "SAW" is short for "Squad Automatic Weapon".
- This gun's handling in player view is different from the third person/world view.
- This problem also takes by Gatling Gun.
- Despite equipped with a sound suppressor, the firing sound of the KAC ChainSAW still can be heard at close-to-mid range. But in Shadow Mode, the silencer effects is applied properly and this gun can be fired without filling up the bar too fast.
- While in the beta version of KAC ChainSAW, this weapon had a pretty loud firing sound. This is confirmed from CrossFire Indonesia's patch trailer video.
- This weapon was not intended to be available in 1116 patch in CrossFire Vietnam, but due to coding error, it was actually available in Black Market, albeit without NEW mark. The 1117 patch is clearly stated to feature this weapon, so it can be assumed that it was updated by accident.
- When this weapon was added in CrossFire Russia, due to coding error it was placed in wrong hand. It caused a problem, that shooting direction does not coincide with gun direction.
- On its release, KAC ChainSAW is said to be extremely OPed due to its low recoil, medium high firepower and attached surpressor, making it very handy to assassinate from distance without much issue. Later patch nerfed this gun by giving it a higher recoil, so now it's much harder to spray at long distance.
- The original KAC ChainSAW has a wrong name on its Bag Icon and HUD icon, it's called ChinaSAW instead of ChainSAW.