Kar 98K is a bolt-action sniper rifle featured in CrossFire.
The Karabiner 98 Kurz (or Kar 98K) is a bolt-action rifle used by Nazi Germany against the USSR's Mosin Nagant during World War II. Much like its competitor in CrossFire, this gun acts as a sniper rifle with a mounted scope, and it has a similar stats with Mosin Nagant but with a slightly better firepower (much higher chance to 1-hit kill armored opponents). Uniquely, the accuracy when used without scope is much higher than normal Sniper Rifle - if pointed right at the enemy at short to medium distance, the shot will connect. Kar 98k has a 5 rounds magazine (25 in reverse) like its USSR competitor - its drawback is still the manual reload.
- High damage dealing, similar to FR-F2.
- High accuracy.
- Fast drawing speed.
- High recoil.
- Low magazine capacity.
- Slow bolt-cycling time.
- Needs to reload a bullet at a time.
- Low wood wallbang.
- CF Russia
- CF China
- CF North America
- CF Vietnam
- This is the second World War II-era bolt-action rifle which acts as a sniper rifle in CrossFire instead. The first one is Mosin Nagant.
- The killmark icon for this weapon bears a close resemblance to Winchester-Scope killmark.
- In real life, the Kar 98k can be reloaded one bullet at a time or all five at once using clips like Mauser M1896 - in the latter case, the scope is mounted further forward to allow the clip to slide in. For balancing purposes, CrossFire uses single bullet reload, but despite this, the scope is still mounted further forward.
- Interestingly enough, game data files also contain clip models, so this gun was definitely planned to have the clip reload feature, but it was probably dropped in favor of single bullet reload to save times developing animation. Still, if clip reload is used, it could be copied from Mauser M1896.
- In CF VN, Kar 98K currently can only be found and used in Weapon Master TDM as it's not in Item Shop or Black Market.
- Karabiner 98k at Wikipedia.