Like the Ares variant, this weapons features a Burning Shot skin (red & yellow color schemes) with attached silencer, but the back-up sight has been replaced with a dot-sight scope above the main scope, plus a mini grenade launcher with pistol grip under the barrel. Comes with 20 rounds magazine and enhanced draw / reload speed like Knight SR-25 Ares - also, it has a new firing sound which is much quieter, making this gun ideal for sniping Ghosts from distance.
Being an Anti-Zombie weapon, Knight SR-25 Burning Shot is equipped with 50 rounds mag in PvE (with 150 in reserve), allowing it to pick off zombies more effective. It can also be fired no-scope with 100% accuracy, as the usual crosshair displays unlike other Sniper Rifles that usually has it hidden - also, this gun has a much faster firing speed when zoomed in, and firing no-scope is also slightly faster than in PvP mode. In addition, when the energy bar is full, pressing 1 will switch to Grenade Launcher mode, functioning similar to FAL Camo except that it can both deal massive damage against zombies as well as stunning them and slow them down.
- High accuracy.
- Fast firing rate.
- Fast reload time.
- Light weight.
- Usable backup dot-sight scope.
- Has 2 spare magazines (on CF Philippines).
- High damage dealing.
- 100% accuracy.
- Visible crosshair.
- Very fast firing speed.
- Very high magazine capacity.
- Can switch to Grenade Launcher mode.
- Massive damage on Grenade Launcher mode.
- Deals DoT (Damage Over Time) and slow effect on enemies in Grenade Launcher Mode
- Moderate damage.
- Medium recoil.
- Only has 1 spare magazine.
- Requires some time to switch into Grenade Launcher mode.
- Limited grenade launcher ammunition capacity.
- CF China
- CF Vietnam
- CF North America
- CF Russia
- CF Japan
- CF Brazil
- CF Español
- CF Europe
- CF Philippines
- This is the first weapon to feature both a scope and alternate function that's independent from each other (Unlike scope + burst shot that shares the same RMB button). It's also the first weapon to feature both long range scope and dot-sight scope for CQB situations.
- SR-25 Burning Shot has a modified reload animation comparing to SR-25 Ares, due to the mini grenade launcher that offset players' left arm. Instead of pulling the mag out, player characters simply eject it and place another one in (like with AT-15 Afghan).
- The grenade launcher module installed into SR-25 Burning Shot is an M320 Grenade Launcher Module, which comes with a range finder sight that's switched up when using Grenade Launcher mode.
- Unlike the AA-12-Buster and P90-Wild Shot, using Charge mode will not automatically reload the SR-25 Burning Shot - once 5 grenades are used up, players will go back to their original ammo count prior to the switch. This makes sense because the AA-12 Buster uses reload animation while P90-Wild Shot just replaces guns, so the mags would be refreshed in the process.
- It's possible to have unlimited grenade launcher ammo by firing off 5 rounds, then immediately switch to your pistol / melee and refill at ammo station. Switch back and the ammo count will go up to 1/4 again. This process can be repeated as many time as players want.
- Following 1259 patch, CF Vietnam has patched this glitch.
- Also CF Vietnam patched the same glitch by using AI Bag Switch.
- In CF Philippines, this gun was released along with ZA3 Mode content, instead of Fatal Canyon. Like the other Anti-Zombie weapons, it is categorized as a specialized weapon and does not drop upon death.
- Right after its release, there is a damage bug where the SR-25 Burning Shot, along with other AZ weapons (except for the M240B-Tesla) deals very little damage (i.e 1 bullet = 1 damage) to zombies in PvE modes. It was later fixed in an emergency maintenance the next day.
- The SR-25 Burning Shot is the second Anti-Zombie weapon to feature a Weapon Inspection animation upon entering a ZM/DM room. The other is the AA-12 Buster.
- Its weapon inspection animation however, is similar to M4A1-S Prism Beast.