| One of the newest tactical shotguns on the market, the SRM Arms M1216 packs a punch with it's highly advanced ammo clip system.|
- Weapon description
M1216 is a shotgun in CrossFire.
M1216 is the second semi-automatic shotgun, after the Jackhammer, with good accuracy and firepower.
It has a compact design similar to the PP-19 Bizon with the 4-tubes magazine situated below the front barrel, allowing a player to reload fast. The M1216 has a large magazine capacity, holding 12 rounds in its tube mag (same level with Vepr-12, another magazine feeding shotgun), plus 36 in reverse. This makes M1216 quite valuable in long run as most shotguns with this capacity only pack two spare mags.
It has very high damage dealing, higher than SPAS-12 and nearly equal to the AK-47, but the spread is notably large, and the firing speed is only moderate. However, this gun has a decent accuracy when continuously firing.
In all CF servers, M1216 can be obtained via ZM Reward Crate (Gold upward).
- High damage dealing - can deal a killing blow in one shot.
- Medium accuracy.
- Medium recoil.
- High magazine capacity.
- Fast rate of fire.
- One time reload.
- Damage loses on long range.
- Slow reloading speed.
- Wide shell spreading.
- Available in all CrossFire versions.
- The M1216 in real life has a 16-round magazine, not 12. The correct model would be the M1212 variant, while the shotgun in CF resembles the 1208 model (which has a 8-round magazine). Either this gun is named wrong or its ammo capacity was reduced intentionally to make it less overpowered.
- In CrossFire, the player character rotates the tube magazine after each shot, while in real life it is possible to empty a tube before it needs to be switched to the next one. This is likely due to technical limit, as CF may not be able to handle 2 different firing animation based on how many rounds were fired between reload.
- The M1216 on close range have 800 of damage if all pellets hit the head, more than Barrett. In HMX, it can take out a mutant with 3000 HP in a single point-blank headshot, if the range is close enough, meaning expert players can theorically kill every weak mutant in the room with one magazine (provided that they use a reskin M1216 in order to have 15 rounds).