M12s is a submachine gun featured in CrossFire.
Beretta M12s is a 9×19mm Parabellum caliber submachine gun designed by Beretta. Each detachable box magazine is able to hold 40 rounds of 9mm (30 in CF PH), and this gun is equipped with a side folding stock.
This weapon has a very high rate of fire, medium to high damage dealing, and fast reloading speed. Due to its rate of fire, it also has a medium recoil but yet still able to be controlled.
- CF Brazil
- CF Vietnam
- CF Philippines
- CF North America
- CF Russia
- CF China
- CF Korea
- CF Indonesia
- CF Europe
- The Beretta M12 was developed by the Italians to replace their M1938 submachine gun. The M12 quickly became a famous submachine gun in various parts of the world, such as the Middle East as the Arabs could not acquire the Israeli-made Uzi (due to being at war with Israel).
- M12s is actually an improvement variant of M12 with only in addition of an improved grip safety (which now capable to lock both the trigger and its bolt in a closed position, making it safer from accidental firing caused by lack of firmly grip-holding or when the gun is accidentally dropped) and a modified modern lever-type switch selector divided into safety (sicura) position, automatic-firing position, and burst-firing (raffica) position, despite the M12s in CrossFire can't be switched into burst-firing mode.
- The firing rate of M12S can be considered as unrealistic because of the RPM (Rounds Per Minute). The real life M12S has only 550 RPM, which is not surprising for a 1950's era SMG, as opposed to the M12S in-game which has approximately RPM of 900.
- CF Philippines reduced the capacity of the M12s from 40 to 30 rounds, after numerous complaints that the SMG was overpowered.
- In CF PH, players can receive a permanent M12s by completing the Scout Final Badge, despite the Item Shop also selling permanent M12s.
- The GMs responsible for CF Brazil stated that the M12S is one of the few guns that will not be featured in CF Brazil.
- After November 2015 Patch, CFBR has received M12s in Special Mission System.
- This gun has an abnormally loud firing sound for a submachine gun which can be easily identified, even if the players are far away.
- The ejecting port of this gun can clearly be seen on top of the gun yet it ejects the spent cartridge at the right side of the gun.