M14 EBR (Enhanced Battle Rifle) is an Designated Marksman Rifle available in almost all versions of Crossfire. This weapon is commonly introduced along with Navy SEAL character.
The M14 EBR is a powerful rifle, similar to the M4A1, dealing 32-36 damage per shot in the chest. It's 100% wallbang attribute is also a reason why this rifle is sought after in the Black Market. The M14EBR comes with 30 rounds in the magazine and 90 in reserve, making it inferor to other reskinned weapons in the Black Market. However, this is compensated by it's excellency at most ranges, with it's 1 tap headshot capability at anywhere between 5 yards to 50 yards.
- CF China
- CF Vietnam
- CF North America
- CF Russia
- CF Indonesia
- CF Brazil
- CF Europe
- CF Spain
- CF Korea
- CF Philippines
- During development, the M14EBR was planned to feature dot-sight scope and a front handle with unusable flashlight, like the M4A1-X, but this was scrapped. Several promotion renders still shows its beta appearance, leading players to believe this gun is quite unique until it's released officially.
- Models and animations data still exists in most clients, which can be modded to appear ingame. It will behave like a normal M4A1-X if modded this way.
- The dot-sight scope is eventually brought back with M14 EBR-Scope Camo.
- The real name of this gun is Mark 14 EBR or simply is MK14 EBR.
- Also in real life, the M14's ammunition count varies with the producer, though it typically yields 20 rounds in one magazine.
- In real life, the M14 EBR and the original M14 should be more similar to the G3A3 than the M4A1 in performance. Both the M14 and the G3 are 7.62x51mm battle rifles that are more powerful than the AK-47 (7.62x39), and are wildly inaccurate in full-auto fire due to strong recoil.
- This is one of the first weapons that when you crouch, the crosshair (choose type A) will show 100% of accuracy, same as all the sniper rifle (the second is HK416C)
- In CF CN this weapon has a different firing sound, and reloading sound.
- Due to the high damage, 100% wallbang, good recoil pattern and accuracy, the M14 EBR and its variants are among one of the most hated weapons in CF VN, and its users are more likely to get kicked after they've gained a few kills. Interestingly, its GP variant, the M14, also shares the same fate despite being considerably weaker.
- An event that was organized by VTC on August 2015 allowed new players to get a permanent M14 EBR if they played for 15 minutes in-game time. After the event, M14 EBR users no longer had the discrimination as before, so it is possible the M14 EBR hate in CF VN was also from jealousy.