| Designed by FN in Belgium, and used by the US army by the name of the M249. A high accuracy and an impressive rate of fire makes it the best variant of the model and perfect for short-range shootouts.|
- Weapon description
M249 Minimi is a kind of machine gun featured in CrossFire.
M249 Minimi is one of the well-known and very popular machine gun because of its stats. It has a standard machine gun ammunition capacity, powerful, and has high firing rate. Despite having a fast firing rate this weapon suffers high recoil and also has slow reloading time.
Its accuracy is also very good compared to most of them, you can spray at close range, tap or burst at mid range without worries. But at long range you'll have to aim carefully with this gun, spraying will just waste your bullets for nothing, the gun will be shaking and uncontrollable because of its high recoil, so tapping is recommended. One-shot headshot is possible at all ranges, and often 2-4 precise shots to the body will kill the enemy.
- Moderate-high damage dealing.
- High accuracy.
- Fast rate of fire.
- Standard machine gun magazine capacity.
- Fast drawing time.
- Has a 150 round magazine. (CF Philippines only)
- Loses accuracy when sprayed for a long time.
- Slow reloading speed.
- High recoil.
- CF China
- CF Japan
- CF Vietnam
- CF North America
- CF Philippines
- CF Indonesia
- CF Europe
- CF Brazil
- CF Espanol
- CF South Korea
- CrossFire Philippines is the only version that features the M249 Minimi with 150-round magazine.
- After updating Zombie Mode and the Golden Minimi, a sound glitch occurs to all Minimi variants, where the sound effect when the player remove and insert the magazine box is missing. This glitch has been fixed in many CrossFire versions.
- The M249 Minimi is removed from Mega Lotto in CF Philippines after the introduction of New Black Market and now serves as a junkie prize in some Mega Lotto capsules.
- In the mobile version, this gun and its variants share firing sound with M249 Minimi SPW. Also its reloading speed its made faster by about 1 second despite the animation not catching up - players can fire as soon as the reload timer hit 0 and the process to close the top's cover will be skipped.
- M249 Minimi SPW - The compact and shorter version of this weapon.