M249 Minimi SPW-Urban is a machine gun variant of M249 Minimi SPW in CrossFire.
This M249 Minimi SPW sports a new camo skin that helps it blend in with Urban environment. It has 150 rounds magazine (+50), making it more useful than the Oriental Phoenix variant.
This variant has two firing modes; the normal one with character firing it from the hip, and the new burst fire mode that makes player change the weapon stance to the shoulder and forced the weapon to fires faster. In this mode, the firing speed is increased about 15% with the consequence that the recoil is increased.
- Moderate-high damage dealing.
- Fast rate of fire.
- Very fast rate of fire on burst mode.
- High magazine capacity.
- Very fast reloading speed.
- Requires some time to switch to 'burst mode' or in reverse.
- Loses accuracy when sprayed for a long time.
- Accuracy easily loses when using burst mode for a long time.
- Moderate-low accuracy.
- High recoil.
- Higher recoil on burst mode.
- CF China
- CF Brazil
- CF Europe
- CF Vietnam
- CF North America
- CF Russia
- CF Japan
- During development, this gun was planned to feature a ballistic shield that's toggleable with RMB - supposedly, it would be used to reduce damage taken for players. But on its release, the shield has been removed and secondary fire mode has been changed to Burst Fire. Model files are still present in the game client.
- The BagIcon for M249 Minimi SPW-Urban has been updated to reflect on its model, rather than just reskinning the classic Minimi SPW one.
- Unlike most weapons that has secondary firing mode, the crosshair does not grow when using Burst Fire, allowing it to still score pinpoint shot easily when single-shooting.