| A low power weapons with high accuracy and a large ammunition capacity.|
- Weapon description
The M9 (or Beretta M9) is a semi-automatic pistol featured in CrossFire.
The M9 is a cheap pistol with bad stopping power. It is not capable of one-hit headshots at any range, and it often take up to 6 hits before it kills an enemy. But it's has medium magazine size and moderate reloading speed & high accuracy for having low recoil. It's rarely seen in-game due to its abysmal performance.
- "M9" is the US military designation for the Beretta 92FS. It is the current sidearm of most US forces.
- The gun's weak firepower in-game is based upon its real-life counterpart's performance in war. The Beretta has gained a bad reputation among US soldiers due to its weak 9mm ball ammo. It is one of the reasons why the US Military is seeking a new sidearm.
- Its only advantage is having low recoil.
- The P228 is also chambered in 9mm, but its damage is higher than the Beretta in CF.
- CF Vietnam incorrectly claims that this gun has 15/35 rounds instead of 15/30 - this is an obvious typo mistake as all weapons must have spare ammunition in equal magazines.
- In CF Russia and CF China, the M9 isn't sold in the item shop. Zombie Mode is the only way to obtain it for the match - you can find it on "Secondary weapon box" at the Biohazard map.
- This gun shares the same animations with the USP, Colt 1911 and P228.
- In CF Europe, this gun used a wrong item icon which was from USP for 5 years, finally they fixed it in 15th December 2016.