- Weapon description
MP5 is a submachine gun featured in CrossFire.
The MP5 (from German: Maschinenpistole 5, meaning machine pistol 5) is a 9mm submachine gun made by Heckler and Koch. It is one of the most widely used submachine guns in the world, and it uses a 30-round detachable box magazine.
Overall, this weapon is pretty good in the field. It has a decent rate of fire, recoil, accuracy, and damage. One thing that makes it good is its fast reload speed, very versatile, and light.
- Available in all CF versions
- The MP5 in CrossFire takes the model from MP5A3. This can be seen from its retractable buttstock despite players can't retract it in the game.
- However, the MP5-S Ares variant already had its buttstock retracted.
- MP5 has the closest copy style from Counter-Strike, with identical animation and sounds. The only difference is their reloading sound.
- In both CF & CS, they incorrectly show reloading the MP5 by inserting a new magazine, then racking the charging handle back and forth. In real life, this will most likely not chamber a round, thus failing to fire.
- To properly reload any Heckler & Koch long gun such as the MP5, the user needs to remove the used magazine, lock the charging handle to the rear, insert a new magazine, then slap the charging handle downward. This is called the HK Slap, seen in other games and movies as well as real life.
- This gun is one of the few basic weapons available in most Elimination maps, along with AK-47, M4A1, AWM, Dragunov, SG552, Steyr AUG A1, XM1014, P90, Desert Eagle and P228.
- MP5 in CF Vietnam lacks a spare magazine, starting with only 30/90. This also applies to all other advanced variants (WCG, Camo and Adv).
- The Z8Games website claims that the MP5 has more damage than the MP5 Adv however this was proven false.
- It shares same firing sound as 9A-91 & HK416C.