Melee weapons are close-range styled weapons. Some melee weapons have enough power to kill an opponent with a single thrust into the head or anywhere on the body.
Melee weapons come with two functions. Left click will give you a hasty attack which can be repeated rapidly. However, right click gives you a much more powerful, yet lengthy to execute attack.
Advantages and Disadvantages
Melee weapons aren't too heavy but can be a bit tricky to use since each of them requires timing for you to use them. However, melee weapons are close range weapons, as a result, this puts you at a severe disadvantage if the target is out of the melee range.
Certain melee can be prepped by holding RMB, allowing players to time their attack more precisely. Some melee also features Double Attack when executing a secondary attack, which deal two lethal hits in one strike. This technique is useful when fighting against multiple opponents, but severely limits the attack speed because the attack will take much longer to finish.
List - Variants
- (P) - This melee can be Prepped by holding RMB.
- (D) - This melee has Double/Triple Attack when using secondary function.
- (VN) - This melee is only available in CF Vietnam.
- This list only counts stock melee, re-skinned variants are included in their respective pages.
- The term "melee" is taken from the French word "mêlée" which means "close quarter brawl". This term has been used widely since 1640s.
- Furious Kick perk by VVIP characters is also classified as melee in CrossFire. It's serve as backup weapon when the player are reloading, run out of ammo or missed a melee attack to their enemy.