PSG-1 is a semi-automatic sniper rifle featured in CrossFire.
PSG-1 (Präzisions Schützen-Gewehr, German for "Precision Shooting Rifle") is one of the most well-known semi-automatic sniper rifles ever made in the history of modern firearms.
It was developed by the German as a response to the terrorism massacre occurred in the 1972 Summer Olympics held in Munich, West Germany, causing the deaths of several Israeli athletes.
The PSG-1 is designed for police use, with high accuracy performance in order to enable them taking down hostiles from afar.
The PSG-1 fires 7.62x51mm NATO ammunition. It has low accuracy for a sniper rifle, and fast firing rate since it is semi-automatic. The light weight is the advantage of this gun.
- Retains full damage when wallbang (confirmed in CF Vietnam).
- Can be bought permanently (most CF versions).
- Low damage (1 hit headshot, 2-3 hits to kill normally, If enemy is weakened, 1 hit is possible.) ( there are exceptions, however)
- Single scope phase (confirmed in CF Vietnam).
- Slow reload time.
- Can't be bought permanently (CF China only).
- Low magazine capacity (5 or 10 round).
- Slow rate of fire.
- During the beta version in CF CN, this gun features a big, green scope in game with some words "H&K PSG-1", "Crossfire" on it's body, but now all of these were gone. Also during the beta version, the firing rate of this gun was very fast, it could shoot 250 rounds per minute with the zoom, defeated Knight SR-25 Burning Shot in PVE mode, but it only has 5 rounds per magazine and the recoil was too high.