| An assault rifle manufactured by industry leader FN. With its low weight and low recoil plus the added power this rifle is of superior value|
- CF NA Weapon Description
The SCAR Light is an assault rifle manufactured in the USA.
This gun is very powerful and accurate, with normal reload / draw time. Many players complain that the SCAR Light has overrated stats; this makes it a good choice for beginners.
In all CF version, SCAR Light is available as GP item in Shop or Black Market.
- There is a little glitch with SCAR-L model, showing broken fingers on characters model in HUD, which only occurs when players used female characters (GR side) and SCAR-L with original model (GP, Red Dragon, Gold and E-Sport).
- Also in 3rd person view, the character hold it incorrectly with their left hand holding an invisible front grip which doesn't exist in SCAR-L. This is probably because the animation was reused from SCAR-H, but only exists on 4 variants: GP, Red Dragon, E-Sport and Black.
- People often get annoyed with this gun because some players that can't aim use them to spray and kill because of its superior stats. Some people will yell "SL noob" when killed by this weapon. In the Philippines a few people dub it the "Scar Gay". Along with the M12s, the Crossfire community looks down on those who use it.
- Scar Heavy was first introduced into Z8 CF and the Scar Light followed later. Until the introduction of the Scar Light, the SCAR-H version was one of the top guns.
- In some Asian CF versions, the SCAR Light is available only in GP crates.
- This rifle is very popular in all CF Versions. Other popular rifles are the K-2 and the M4A1.
- Some tournament prohibited SCAR Light to be used.
- It has a different reload animation in CF Mobile.
- In CF Philippines, SCAR-L's accuracy and recoil was nerfed (it was nerfed 3 or 4 years ago). The firing sound was also been changed, it now sounds like a can bouncing to the ground. Despite the changes, it is still popular to Filipino players.
- The new firing sound also applies to all available SCAR-L variants in CFPH.