| Used by police and military for its high reliability and stability. It is one of the best shotguns.|
- Weapon description
SPAS-12 is a shotgun featured in CrossFire.
SPAS-12 is a shotgun that compared to its rivals, it fires more pellets per shot, is more powerful, holds more ammo and has a longer attacking range. It's inferior some aspects such as reloading speed, firing rate, draw speed and has a higher leaning curve than the XM1014.
Like most shotguns, it can be fired while reloading, however unlike the XM1014, the player must pump the shotgun after fully reloading and before firing again. Its draw time is significantly longer than its rival and many other assault rifles and sub-machine guns.
- High damage dealing.
- Moderate accuracy.
- Moderate recoil.
- Moderate rate of fire.
- High magazine capacity.
- Can be fired while reloading.
- Can perform reload-cancel.
- Damage loses on long range.
- Wide shell spreading.
- Requires long time to do a full reload.
Available in all CrossFire versions.
Tips and Tactics
Hit and Run or Scavenger tactics work very well with all shotguns if teamwork is used. In "Hit and Run" its pellets may not kill the enemies but may injure enemies enough for your teammates' assault rifles and sub-machine guns to pick them off. In "Scavenger" the shotgunner can pick off injured or injured-priority shots by flanking or sneaking up behind the targets.
- There are two versions of SPAS-12's firing sound, the normal one is used in most versions while the special one is used in CF Indonesia and CF Philippines.
- In real life, SPAS-12 is capable of firing semi-automatic or pump-action, but in CF it's permanently locked to semi-automatic firing mode. Also, strangely, as SPAS-12 is in semi-automatic mode, we can just lock the pump handle & just pull the slide back.
- Player characters does not utilize the foldable stock at all, which may explain the very high recoil of this gun.
- In CF China, this gun has a very slow firing rate and only hold 8/16 ammo in game, so only a few players use it nowadays. This trait was carried over to the Mobile version, possibly to make Hide & Seek game more interesting.
- This could be the reason why the slug variants of this gun have slow firing rate than the normal SPAS-12 in most versions. However, this could be the balanced reason since the variants of SPAS-12 have better stats than the original variant.
- The slug variant of this gun is the direct competitor to the slug variant of M37 Stakeout. It switches ammo from 12-Gauge to Slug shells way quicker than M37, but the crosshair takes longer to be focused in while in its Slug mode, making SPAS-12 Slug less accurate than M37 Slug.