| An advanced version of the SPAS-12 shotgun made from the new thermostable ARES alloy. It can be outfitted with either Buckshot or Slugs depending on the circumstances. It has proven effective in the war against the zombies.|
- Weapon description
This weapon is released along with CrossFire 2.0 update.
The SPAS-12 Ares is a shotgun that can use both powerful 12 Gauge slug shells and regular buckshot shells. It has a black-silver-red color color pattern. It has a higher capacity of 11 shells (+3) and its pellets have stronger firepower than the original weapon.
By pressing secondary fire key (or RMB), this gun will change the ammunition from buckshot shells to slugs or in reverse. The player can only chamber a single slug shell, so after firing the slug the gun will immediately switch to buckshot. No ammunition is lost when swapping shells.
The shotgun does high damage when using buckshot in short range. The slugs do tremendous damage in any range: able to 1 hit kill at any part of the body at close-medium range, while at long range it takes 2 arm or leg shots to kill. The regular shells have spread due to them being pellets, but the slugs are solid bullets so they will fire into a single point without any spread.
As a drawback this weapon has a slightly slower rate of fire than the original SPAS-12.
- High damage dealing.
- Very high damage dealing on slug shell.
- Moderate accuracy.
- High accuracy on slug shell.
- Moderate recoil.
- High magazine capacity.
- Can be fired while reloading.
- Can perform reload-cancel.
- Full wallbang damage on slug shell.
- Narrow shell spreading. (Slug only)
- Damage loses on long range.
- Slow rate of fire.
- Wide shell spreading on buckshot.
- Requires long time to do a full reload.
- CF China
- CF Vietnam
- CF Philippines
- CF Russia
- CF Indonesia
- CF North America
- CF Europe
- CF Brazil
- CF Español
- CF Korea
- This gun comes with less spare ammo than its original counterpart (3 mags vs. 4). But due to the increased ammo capacity, it holds more total rounds than SPAS-12 (44 vs. 40)
- Again, this gun has inconsistency ammo capacity in CrossFire Vietnam.