- Shadow Mode (Most versions)
This mode is actually multiple modes in one, all using the same general mechanics, but differs with various main objectives, which are all select-able by the host of the room. Those various objectives / sub-modes includes:
- Elimination: Basic eight vs eight action where both factions try to annihilate each others.
- Infection: An interesting, fast-paced game type where every killed players will switch to the other team.
- Classic: When playing in ghost maps, bombs must be planted still, however with this mode's mechanics.
Both teams have specific features to take into consideration, which highly affect the overall gameplay. It seems that the developers managed to fix most of what players would consider problems in ghost mode; highly encouraging the stealth side to rush (camping will be useless) and discouraging soldiers to spray too much with their weapons:
Soldier weapons now have a sound meter; when using automatic or fast firing semi-automatic weapons, the meter increase (decrease over time if not shooting). If it completely fills up, the weapon turns into a tracker which reveal their owner's position, forcing them to either abandon it or else the enemy team will be able to track them down.
Shadows (read more) use enhanced stealth equipment which allow them to be invisible when running but slightly visible when stationary, which is just enough for soldiers to eliminate them on sight, so camping is discouraged. This is basically the total opposite of how the original ghost stealth equipments works and is actually more efficient.
This mode has two exclusive maps with various gimmick tied to it, but some Ghost Mode maps are also available:
- Lost Castle: An abandoned castle and laboratory with various security devices.
- Cooling Chamber: Enclosed chamber with various floor, each providing its own security device.
- Laboratory: Classic Ghost Mode map sets within an underground laboratory.
- NightFall: Large Ghost Mode map sets on the rooftops of various buildings.