One thing unique in Spy Mode - In the scoreboard, the player names are not revealed as the game is still ongoing. It will automatically pop up at the end of the round revealing players' name so they can check their stats before the next round.
There is a 15 seconds count down at the start of each round that everyone from both team can wander around as they please. Afterward, the Spy is activated and his job is to mess up behind enemy lines to help bringing victory to his team. As a spy, the player will disguise as one of teammates of their enemy team and the player's equipped weapon will have no ammo. They can only kill by using their melee weapon (either their Melee or primary/secondary weapon with melee attack function) unless they manage to pick up another gun that still has ammo left.
A disguise bar is displayed below and the player should not go near the enemy player. As the "spy" goes near the enemy player, the disguise bar will rise up until the "spy" reveals its own identity. Should the spy becomes last man standing in their team, his identity will be revealed automatically.
|Spy Gauge||Icon||Reason of Suspicions|
|Being near teammates or enemies.|
|Currently wielding any melee weapon.|
|Attacking with any melee weapon.|
As a normal player, they should check their teammates to reveal the "spy" in their team and in order to eliminate it. The easiest way to do so is checking out everyone to see if they has fired some shot yet - anyone that did not fire any bullet or running around with Melee weapon in hand is likely to be the Spy.
Each team can see their Spy teammates from affiar via a "Spy" nametag on their head (Similar to Hero/Xeno's nametag). This allows the team to cooperate with their Spy, such as pretend shooting at them or dropping weapon for the Spy.
Objectives & Supply Drop
The Spy is automatically given round's objective when the countdown expire - successfully doing so will earn them extra EXP/GP reward which will be counted by the end of the round.
List of objectives:
|Acquire weapon not by fight||Pick up any weapon while in cover and not attacking another enemy.|
|Acquire weapon after assassination||Self-explanatory. Impossible on rooms with full VVIPs weapons which won't drop upon killing an enemy.|
|Hide until 0:55||Don't blow your cover until 0:55. Playing as GR is easier to accomplish this task as you can pretend to guard a bomb site and stay undercover.|
|Survive and win||Just win the round without getting killed.|
|Successfully planting/defusing C4||Self-explanatory. Requires blowing cover to plant the C4 though.|
|Kill an enemy (any weapon)||Self-explanatory. Get a surprise strike the moment you are allowed to.|
|Kill an enemy with melee (Knife/Weapon's melee function)||Self-explanatory. Same as above, but make sure to equip powerful melee as the default Knife may make it harder to deliver a 1-hit kill.|
|Kill a specific enemy by name||Self-explanatory. Stalk that guy if possible and nail him as soon as the counter expires.|
|Kill the enemy who is planting/defusing C4||Self-explanatory. Camp a bomb site and stay in cover until the enemy starts planting/defusing (Listen to the clicking noise).|
|Kill the C4 holder||Only available for GR Spies. Stalk the target, but make sure he doesn't toss it to someone else.|
Additionally, when any other players get killed while the spy is still undercover, an ammo crate will drop for him to pick up (only Spy from both side can see/use it). Therefore it's a good idea to stay out of sight and wait for someone to go downl so you can refill your ammo.
- Spy can pick up weapons without dropping their. If you toss your gun to someone and he immediately gets it, he is definitely a spy
- As a spy, don't go near the enemy and act like one of them. Don't go near to your "real" teammates or your identity will be compromised.
- As a spy, don't give your empty primary weapon to anyone, for it will reveal your identity (since spies don't have ammo, literally).
- As a normal player, WATCH YOUR BACK. Maybe the spy is just right behind you. Also, don't go alone. Stick with your teammates.
- Having voice chat can easily help if you play with lots of friends in the same team. If one of them become the spy, they can reveal enemies location for you to surprise them.
- If you have a decent pistol (Desert Eagle, Mauser M1896...) and are not playing Sniper role, try dropping it for your Spy when you two cross path. Even without communications, he will easily get the idea and use the pistol to his advantage.
- C4 holding players will NEVER be a Spy, so it's safe to stalk him and/or leading him to the bomb site. Watch out, as the real Spy can see it too and may attempt to kill your C4 holder.
- It is possible to count everyone's weapons to see who's the spy. If someone spawns with a different weapon he used last round, he is the spy.
- When you know for sure who's the spy, stick behind him at a reasonable distance and keep your weapon ready. If he notices you and turns back, immediately jump back to avoid his attack, which will blow his cover so you can shoot him. If he does not, time it so when the bar fills up he is right on your crosshair for an easy kill.
- If you have a decent weapon (ie. A VIP weapon), try telling your teammates to switch guns, drop your weapon out of range, pick up his/her gun, check the ammo, throw the gun away, if you see the gun have no ammo, thats the spy and pick up your gun back. NOTE: Do this VERY FAST or your gun will get picked by someone or the spy.
- A minimum of 6 players is required for the Spy to be activated. Otherwise, it will be a simple S&D match on Praha map.
- The Spy can ONLY be killed once his cover is blown - even if someone deliberately acts suspicious around you, you are unable to hit him at all.
- If playing as The Fates, Switcher or Subject Alpha, you are unable to perform Furious Kick or pull out Shadow Blades as a Spy.
- Even though the HUD shows your character's skin, you will appear as one of the enemy players perfectly, from their character to equipment. The only exception is when the enemy team has no players with the same gender character as yours (i.e a team with only male soldiers when you use a female one) - in that case you will automatically switch to a SWAT (male) / SPOP (female) HUD.