Subject Alpha is the third VVIP character set featured in CrossFire.
Same with The Fates / Switcher, this character is composed of three female characters (1 for Global Risk, 1 for Black List and the other one is specifically meant for Mutation and Zombie Modes). Again, she has a unique and exclusive voice set separated from the others.
She has the usual Kick and Throwing Knives abilities, but she also boasts two new features:
- Subject Alpha can express different emotions by pressing N. The player can select any of the seven emotions listed by pressing its correspondent number key. She can clap, taunt with her hand, take a picture, take a selfie, express admiration, cross her arms, and salute. (Special voice clips and sound effects play while expressing emotions)
- In Mutation Mode, when Subject Alpha gets infected, she can shapeshift into any other mutant character by pressing F. She can change characters after a cooldown of 20 seconds.
- CF China: Sunflower.
- CF North America: Trixy
- CF Vietnam: Athena
- CF Russia: Agent Alpha
- CF Japan: Subject Alpha
- CF Europe: Subject Alpha (Soon)
- Emotion: Ability to express emotions by pressing the N key.
- Shapeshifter: Ability to change to other mutant characters by pressing the F key (even if the player don't have them); with a cooldown of 20 seconds.
- Furious Kick: Only for BL and GR character (press E).
- Shadow Blades: Throwable knives (Press 2); cannot be used in Ghost Mode (BL), Ghost Vs. Mutants and Knife Matches.
- Special Character: Available in AI Modes and Mutation Modes. Retains all bonus perks.
- 200% EXP points bonus for the owner.
- 30% EXP bonus for everybody in the same room.
- 20% GP bonus for everybody in the same room.
- The Special character's emotion sound depends on which side you join the game (for example: You join the game on the Blacklist side, you will have the BL emotion sound, vice versa for Global Risk), while her radio message is re-used from GR.
- As a mutant, you cannot use the Shapeshifter skill when you are on any slides.
- Sometimes, the HUD of when she is expressing her emotions changes, it could either be close, normal and far. It is unknown why this happened.
- Her BL promotional artworks show similarities to the character Harley Quinn from the Suicide Squad movie.
- In CF Vietnam, this character is named Athena, the goddess of wisdom, craft and war in Greek mythology.
- Also in CF Vietnam, similar to Venus (The Fates) and Sonoko (Switcher), Athena also have two variants: original and special. The special character is only obtained through events and it shares Special character model for both GR and BL.
- Subject Alpha BL's HUD is re-used the gloves from Switcher (Special).
- If you equipped any helmet or glasses for Subject Alpha (GR and Special), their masks will be removed and revealing their "face", similar to SAS.
- The GR and Special character of Subject Alpha is similar to each other, they shares their masks, hair style (with different color) and a golden decoration on their forehead. Thus, they're maybe the same person or twin.
- They also share the same Killsound, which unseen in another VVIP Characters.