Winchester is a Wild West era lever action rifle featured in Crossfire.
The Winchester Rifle and its variants behaves very similarly to shotguns, as at close range it sometimes inflicts 1 body shot kills (not always consistent), and at medium range 2-3 body shot kills. At long ranges, it will often only cause paper-cuts in terms of damage though. It has a very quick draw time, faster than most primary weapons.
Lever action rifles use internal magazines like most shotguns, so each cartridge must be loaded one-by-one. This makes reloads very slow, though reload canceling can be performed (the reload animation for the Winchesters are slower than shotguns in-game).
Due to the slow fire rate, slow reload, very limited range, and inconsistencies in terms of damage output, the Winchester rifles are considered joke weapons and are very rarely seen in use.
- Although considered as a joke, Winchester can be useful for expert players who play in Mutation Mode and Hero Mode (not include Hero Mode X) because it gives devastating push-back effect on Mutants once hit with only a single shot.
- The Winchester-S was incorrectly classified as an SMG in the NA version of CrossFire for a time. This has since been rectified and is now considered a Rifle.
- While most lever action rifles use pistol cartridges, they should still be able to inflict great damage at far ranges in real life, unlike the Winchester's weak long range damage in-game.
- The Winchester 1873 is often referred to as one of the guns that won the West, alongside with the Colt SAA.
- Everytime the Winchester is drawn, the character spins it around while holding on to the lever. This is another way of cocking a lever action rifle, popularized in the old Western TV series The Rifleman.